Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Top 12 Performances of AI Season 7

Still got the American Idol Fever or should I say the Cookie fever?

As usual, wala na naman ako magawa so I thought why not do this now? Hoy pinaghirapan ko to ah. Magcomment ka naman.

Starting with...

#20 - Rescue Me - Kristy Lee Cook

Cute. Catchy. Hot Kristy.

#19 - You Don't Have to Say You Love Me - Ramiele Malubay

Because she's Pinay. Bwahaha. Seriously, she would have been a judge favorite.

#18 - Dream On - Michael Johns

Michael's last performance. But he was too good to be eliminated.

#17 - I Am.. I Said - Brooke White

Showcases her personality.

#16 - Angels - David Archuleta

Wow. This really moved me. Hehe

#15 - Dont Let the Sun Go Down on Me - David Archuleta

This was a big moment for Archie.

#14 - Anyway - Kristy Lee Cook

Her best, vocally.

#13 - Hallelujah - Jason Castro

Love the song. Love the rendition. Hate him.

#12 - Eleanor Rigby - David Cook

I can say no more. This was it for him.

#11 - Forever - Kristy Lee Cook

I still ain't going to give up. This version was good. It did give me chills, too. I think the judges were a bit unfair.

#10 - I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - David Cook

Superb. Cool. Go David Cook.

#9 - Jesus Christ Superstar - Carly Smithson

I really enjoyed this performance, I think everybody did. But unfortunately, it turned out to be Carly's last performance on AI.

#8 - We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions - Michael Johns

Made me root for Michael Johns. Made our maid jump in excitement.

#7 - Let It Be - Brooke White

Brooke's best performance. One of the most memorable moments of the season.

#6 - It's All Wrong But It's All Right - Michael Johns

Wow. Bluesy Soul na parang Rock na Country. Haha. His best performance.

#5 - Every Breath You Take - Brooke White

I know. Let It Be was her best, vocally. But I really can't get this version of the song out of my head. This made me like Brooke White.

#4 - Come Together - Carly Smithson

My favorite performance from Carly. Very edgy. Kinda reminds me of Katharine McPhee.

#3 - Billie Jean - David Cook

This was really a big leap forward for D.C. This was Simon's most favorite performnce from him

#2 - Imagine - David Archuleta (First Version)

Considered the best performance of the season, vocally. His version of the song made John Lennon's version re-entry the Hot Digital Downloads Chart.

#1 - Always Be My Baby - David Cook

The biggest hit of the season. It even entered the Billboard Hot 100. Honestly, you know you love it. It earned more than a million views on YouTube, beating real singles. It is undeniably a major hit in USA, here in the Philippines as well. Lately this week, I heard this monster-of-a-hit numerous times and in numerous places such as Quiapo, St. Luke's, Divisoria, Makati, Cubao, Choy's Apartment hehe. You gotta admit - Cookie Fever is everywhere. As a source said, 'It [Cook's version of the song] was too good for American Idol'.

Discuss!

No comments: